Southwest Family Guidance Center was founded in 2004 by Dr. Craig Pierce and his colleagues in Albuquerque, New Mexico to address community mental health needs. Today we have several locations throughout the state, including offices in Albuquerque, Corrales, Los Lunas, Santa Fe, and Las Cruces.
We know choosing the right counseling agency for you and your family can be stressful. It can be challenging to find an agency you can trust and who offers the types of services you need. Where do you start? What does therapy look like? What can you expect?
With a staff of highly trained professionals we hope you will let us answer any and all of your questions and get you on your therapeutic path to enriching you and your family’s lives. With over 80 licensed therapists and family specialists, our Guidance Center offers multiple programs to suit almost any need, including home-based services, community/school-based services, family therapy, individual therapy, child therapy, and expressive arts therapy.
At Southwest Family Guidance Center and Institute we are committed to providing extraordinary service, promoting inspiration for healing and transformation. We strive to reflect excellence in all that we do.
We believe that:
- People are resilient and inherently capable of change.
- People are able to shift their own lives in a positive direction.
- Issues people face are multi-faceted and must be addressed in an individualized and holistic way.
- The health of each family member directly impacts the health of the family unit.
- Collaboration between client, therapist, and community systems is critical to client success.
- The earlier clients’ issues can be addressed, the more likely they are to achieve successful outcomes.
- The goal of therapy is to empower clients to develop and use their strengths, skills, and resources to overcome obstacles and maintain a desirable quality of life.
We are committed to:
- Hiring professionals who are educated, experienced, and credentialed.
- Selecting staff who are committed, passionate, and effective.
- Supporting self-care and health for our staff.
- Creating a welcoming and supportive environment to clients and staff.
- Treating our staff with the same respect and compassion with which we treat our clients.
- Choosing staff, programs, and modalities that reflect best-practice.
- Maintaining to an active role in the community through our participation in trainings, community-wide events and initiatives.